Lawrie's Source Area
This is Lawrie's source distribution area.
Its used to supply copies of a few things I've written, including:
The following are programs I use in my Cryptography course:
- AES Calculator
- an applet used to encrypt or decrypt data values using the AES block cipher.
- DES Calculator
- an applet used to encrypt or decrypt data values using the DES block cipher.
- IDEA Calculator
- an applet used to encrypt or decrypt data values using the IDEA block cipher.
- XOR Calculator
- an applet used to XOR two hex data values together and compute the hamming
weight of the result.
- a program to create and analyse classical substitution and
The following programs are used in my data communications and
Cisco CCNA courses:
- DummyBrowser -
a very simple minimalist web browser, written in Java,
using the JEditPane swing component to render HTML pages,
and to follow links to other pages.
- DummyDNS -
a very minimal authorative, non-recursive, non-hierarchical DNS server,
for use on small, isolated, test/lab networks.
- DummyServer -
a simple TCP server program in Java, which can listen on one or more
ports for client connections.
And some other things I've written along the way:
- htbl.shar - a suite of simple perl scripts
for managing a bibliography database kept using HTML like tags
- htol2ss - a perl script to convert
files of HTML nested list lecture outlines to HTML slide-shows
- muck2html.tar.gz - a program for parsing
a MUCK textual-VR database and turning into a set of HTML files
- vh - a shell script to start vi with a bunch of
input mappings for HTML constructs
Dr Lawrie Brown /
12 Feb 2008